Wall Printer Price:
What to Expect and How to Save
If you’re in the market for a wall printer, you’re probably wondering what you can expect to pay and how you can save on your purchase.
Especially when you are faced with so many options.
It’s totally okay to get confused. They are really a mixed bunch.
In this article, we will guide you through the wall printer cost and provide some expert tips on investing wisely in this vertical wall printing machine.
The two main factors that make up the price of a wall printing machine
When it comes to the wall printer price, it’s important to understand that there are two main factors: The cost of the basic components, and the hidden costs of ongoing support and after-sales service.
1. Basic components cost
This typically includes the price of the hardware and any necessary software licenses.
It can be a significant expense, especially if you’re purchasing a high-end vertical wall printer with a lot of advanced features.
2. After-sales service cost
However, it’s important to also consider the costs of follow-up technical support and service.
These costs can include things like remote training for users, repair and replacement of worn or broken parts, software updates and upgrades, and troubleshooting.
Hiring engineers to address and solve the aforementioned issues will be a huge drain on manpower, resources, and time, representing significant hidden costs for wall printer suppliers.
Pro tip: The cheaper the product, the worse the service.
Other elements that affect a wall printer's price
During actual research, you’ll find that wall printer prices from different manufacturers and brands vary significantly. In addition to the above two main factors, there are other factors at play as well.
1. Country of origin
All of the wall painting machines that you see online are either made in China or Germany.
Like many other products, German-made wall printer machines are much more expensive than Chinese brands.
2. The type of wall printer
Based on the type of ink used, 3d wall printers can generally be divided into three types: water-based ink wall printers, UV ink wall printers and latex ink wall printers.
UV ink wall printers tend to be more expensive than the other 2 types. It’s because they use different printing technology and require specialized inks.
3. Extra cost for customization
Some parts in a wall painting machine are customizable, which can influence the price of the machine.
Here are two examples:
- The Number of Printheads: One thing to confirm with the manufacturer is how many printheads you would like your wall printer to have. Generally, the standard configuration is single-printhead. If you need a dual-printhead or more printheads, the price of the machine will be higher.
The Maximum Printable Height: Some customers may want to use the vertical wall printer for large painting projects. A client has ordered a machine from us that can print 4 meters high at a time. This obviously requires more support materials to keep it stable during printing process, so the price would be a bit higher.
There is also a customer from Australia who wants to use it specifically for printing in garages, with a lower printing height.
4. Wall printer distributors
When you’re doing research, you probably notice that some wall printing machine manufacturers have agents in many countries. Probably in yours as well.
Apparently, they charge more than the source factory does, for good reasons.
- Convenience: You can go and see the machine in person, so you can make sure it’s exactly the one you want. And get access to their local support and service later on easily.
- Language barriers: It may be easier to communicate with a local agent who speaks your language.
- Currency exchange: Buying directly from a source factory in China may involve currency exchange, which can be confusing or challenging for some buyers. A local agent can handle these transactions for you.
- Customs and duties: A local agent may have a better understanding of the customs and duties regulations in your country and can help you navigate any potential issues.
If you are interested in representing our machines in your country, please don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for saving money on wall printer machines
Is there anything I can do to maximize my budget?
Here are some of our suggestions for saving money and avoiding potential losses when purchasing a wall painting machine.
1. Buy a wall printer directly from China factory
Lower labor cost. Infrastructure. Intense domestic competition. Government policies. Economies of scale.
Given all these favourable conditions, China suppliers are able to produce 3d wall printer machines at a much lower cost.
And most importantly, some of the decent ones can also do a good print job as the German machines do.
In some ways, they are even better.
2. Shop around and compare offers from multiple suppliers
Before making the final buying decision, it would be best to talk to different suppliers if possible.
We suggest 2-3 at least.
Take the time to communicate with them. Not only questions about the machine, but also about the services they can provide.
Working with the right supplier will save you a lot in the long run.
Pro tip: It’s not 100% about the machine. It’s more about the people behind it. Make sure they can be trusted.
3. "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice."
As a Chinese, I hate to admit it, but unfortunately, some of my fellow countrymen are doing fraud.
If a wall printer is inexpensive, it is probably poorly made or will wear out quickly (and you are very likely to lose contact with the supplier when you ask them them for help).
They were just aiming for one-shot deals.
Here is a real case from one of our customers.
Bottom line: Don’t be tempted by cheap prices. This applies to all purchases from China.
4. Printhead: The more, the better?
As we have talked about earlier, wall printing machine with multiple printheads costs more than the single printhead.
As a seller, we surely want to make as much money as possible. However, for beginners who are truly looking to invest in a wall painting machine, we would highly recommend going with a single printhead.
- Single print head is fast enough for most printing projects.
- Sure, having two printheads doubles the print speed, but it also comes with twice the preparation, maintenance, and increased difficulty in operation. This can get so unfriendly for rookie operator.
5. Save the computer and use your own laptop
All wall printers made in China require a computer to operate. So you will see that many machines come with a built-in screen.
But if you want to, you can also use your own laptop instead.
Here is how our wall printer look like with and without a computer.
Before you start a digital wall printing business, you must know your onions right.
Take the time and effort to do your research and make an informed decision. This will ensure that you get the best wall printer machine for your needs and budget, and that you are happy with your purchase for the long term.